Updated: Book written about Winston.

Mark Scott-Nash wrote a book about Winston. It is available on Amazon.com and a print addition will available soon. Forty-Demons: The Final Journey of Winston Branko Churchill

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Can you participate in a search? Can you post fliers in your community?

Thanks to a friend of Winston's who posted a note on 14ers.com website. I was checking it out this evening and already saw an amazing amount of responses and many people willing to help in any way they can . Thanks to the 14ers community! Keep up the chatter- good things are forming already. As of tonight, communication has been made with the post office, Sheriff's deptartment and some citizens of Lake City, news channel(s) in the Denver area, the 14ers.com community, and some citizens in Silverton, CO. Of course, if you are reading this, you too are in the loop :) There is talk (and action-in-progress) of a search party(-ies) being formed in the Lake City area to look for Winston.

- PLEASE COMMENT TO THIS POST IF YOU ARE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SEARCH. Also, state your location and the time you are able to dedicate to the search. We will keep you posted on the search details. ***ADDITIONALLY, IT IS IMPERATIVE THAT YOU CONTACT THE HINSDALE COUNTY SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT AT (970) 944.2291 SO THAT THEY CAN ORGANIZE THE SEARCH PARTIES IN DETAIL.***

-ALSO, PLEASE REPLY TO THIS POST IF YOU ARE WILLING & ABLE TO PUT UP "SEARCHING FOR WINSTON" FLIERS IN YOUR COMMUNITY. I will e-mail you the one-page pdf file to print off. Please state the community where you live so we can get as much coverage as possible.

Thanks!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Just got off the phone with Jonathan. I am willing to help with the search. I will be coming from Eagle, CO if anyone needs a ride I can pick up on the way. I am able to leave tomorrow late afternoon.

Christopher

Lyra Parker said...

Fliers are going out around the Durango area (including the CT trailhead) and there are many individuals in this area prepared to offer help and/or support... let us know.

Shanna said...

I have the most recent disk of Winston's book. Anyone interested in reading it, let me know and I can send you a copy via e-mail. Thanks to all who are getting involved.

Shanna

Paddy Hannon said...

I can get on a flight tomorrow and be up in the area Sunday. Let me know...

paddy

Unknown said...

Mike Stejskal here...I worked at Turin in Denver with Winston from 2000-2004 when he left. I am in Moab and can get to the area on Monday night and help out at least until Thurday, possibly longer. I am fully prepared for multiple days in the backcountry if that is what is needed. My phone # is 224-639-2731

barry elemental said...

just heard about my buddy winston's disappearance. i live in silverton and have a flexible schedule. i am available to search. we need to mobilize before the snow flies.
rob roof
silverton, co
970.749.5401

granola girl said...

Hey Shanna,
Can I get a copy of that book? I was one of Winstons employees and friends in Silverton. Id like to read his discs to see where his mind is at. thanks.