Updated: Book written about Winston.

Mark Scott-Nash wrote a book about Winston. It is available on Amazon.com and a print addition will available soon. Forty-Demons: The Final Journey of Winston Branko Churchill

Thursday, July 09, 2009

A note from The Colorado Trail Foundation

Heartfelt, deep sympathies go out to all Winston's family members and friends. From our one-room office in Golden where we organize volunteers who work on The Colorado Trail, we have been following Winston's story. We trust that he rests in peace.

Bill Manning and Laura Becker, staff

2 comments:

Inpensione3 said...

Thinking of using only rainfly and leaving tent behind. Do you think I'll have problems with mosquitoes? Any segments with big mosquito problems? Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I just want to say, I grew up with Winston aka Branko in New Hampshire when he went to live with his Dad. He was a good friend of my brother and we knew his Dad from Plausawa Valley Country Club where we lived. Branko was always cutting edge with music and introduced me to so many bands from all over the world. He loved golfing and cycling. He always had the best tan by the pool and the coolest clothes as well as his VW Scrirocco or however you spell it. I’m still living in New England and think of Winston all the time as his influence on my musical taste most certainly came from him. He was probably 3-4 years older than me and actually lived with my good friend at Loon Mountain in NH where he was a ski board instructor. Snowboarding was just becoming a thing in New England during the early 89’s and he’d snowboard down the steep hill in my from yard. Definitely a cool guy. He came to visit me many years later in my hometown after I graduated college and we went to the beach in New Hampshire. That was the last time I saw him. He sent me a post card wishing me well on my acupuncture career, I later became a dialysis nurse. We heard of his passing from my friend who lived with him at Loon Mountain. My brother recently talked with his Dad who said there’s a book written about him. RIP Winnie. You were one of a kind!